Thank you to the local companies for their continued support with prize sponsorship:
- Nationwide Property Lettings
- Barrett Accounting and Tax Services
- Wanborough Herb Nursery
- The Oaktree Building Company
Winners of the main trail were:
- 1st prize of £100 M&S vouchers: The Bourne Family
- 2nd prize of £50 WHSmith vouchers: The Loxley Family
- 3rd prize of £25 Wanborough Herb Nursery Vouchers: The Jamie Family
Winner of the most favourite scarecrow, as voted for on trail and activity sheets, was Harry Hill made by the Gould Family.
Thank you to all who took part in the scarecrow trail and who supported the May Day Fayre. Further information will be provided in next month's Lyden magazine as we haven't yet closed out financial position. If you have any feedback (good or bad) about either event please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We already have on our improvement list:
- more parking and more disabled parking with clearer parking signs generally (unfortunately our overflow car parking was too wet to use this year so we again experienced some road congestion);
- request to open the school tea service earlier at the weekends;
- request for traditional scarecrows not painted boards/overly cryptic clues.