Hooper's Field sports facility was opened in 1998, over time and as the clubs expanded it has become in urgent need of expansion and refurbishment to:-
- Become more financially viable;
- Allow the sports clubs to develop;
- To provide additional sporting facilities;
- To increase the size of the main hall to make it easier to hire out;
- To upgrade the kitchen to meet current regulations.
- To make it a multi-purpose facility.
The aim of Hooper's Field expansion proposal is to:-
- Increase the size of the main hall to provide enough room for the hall to be used for fitness classes, and other hobbies and activities.
- To relocate the kitchen to a more central point so that the facility can be used by multiple sports clubs at the same time, as well as being able to hire out the hall;
- To improve the Bowls Club supporting facilities to enable them to expand their club and hold larger Bowling events;
- To improve the supporting facilities for the football and cricket clubs;
- To add floodlights to Courts 3 & 4 tennis courts to allow the club to have better usage on these two courts;
- To add a new petanque area, introducing a new sport to the facility;
- To improve the sports field in order to allow Wanborough JFC to use it has their main hub;
- To add a Parish office and meeting room;
- To provide additional storage space for all clubs;
- To improve the car parking area, improve site security and install low level lighting along the footpaths;
You can comment on the proposals using this Hooper's Field Consultation
Click on the images below to see high resolution plans: